Thursday 21 June 2012

What is charity planking?

Hello.

My name is Kajsa. I am climbing Kilimanjaro in August to raise money and awareness for the charity Practical Action (www.practicalaction.org) and a friend of mine gave me the idea to get sponsored for planking in random places as a way to raise some extra cash. I mean, who doesn't want to see another person making a fool of themselves??

Planking involves laying face down on an object with your arms at your side. The body should be straight. Excellent examples of planking can be found at www.planking.me.

The entries in this blog will be dedicated to those who gave me the challenges and will provide the evidence they need in order to make a donation.

If you'd like to set me a planking challenge, please leave it as a comment on this post and I will do my best to perform it. Once I have succeeded, please make a donation.


Donations, however large or small, should be made at www.justgiving.com/killingkili2012

If you need ideas, please know that I spend time in Nottingham, Oslo and at the following airports: Birmingham, Heathrow, Copenhagen, Oslo. Challenges so far include:

... I must plank in the aisle on my next flight.
... I must plank on the check-in counter at Oslo Airport.
... I must plank in the rug section of John Lewis.
... I must plank on a luggage carousel.

I will attempt to do the three travel-related challenges today. Watch this space!!

No comments:

Post a Comment